Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Come away with me

Let me take you thoruogh my day so far.
So, my flight to Nashville was suppose to leave this morning at 6:30am. I got up at 3:30 to get to the airport an hour ahead of time. I got there at 4:30am. Well, the morning started out good with the car service being early and not late...that is the last thing that went right.
At the Airport the self check in computers were not working so it had to be done by hand.....then the earliest flight (5:50am) people were late arriving so the tickets people would only check them in and we had to wait 45 min to check in.....then when I got to the security check I had to cram my overstuffed purse into my already stuffed to the gills backpack (yes I know only two carryons but sometimes they do not care) Continental cares...only to 5 mins later have to unpack it to take my video camera out of the backpack to go through the scanner.
The plane leaves the terminal on time but we end up sitting on the runway for 2 hours b/c of some storm we never saw.
I get to Cleveland at 10:00, but SURPRISE my connection alreadyl left at 8:45am.
I am told to go to the customer service desk to get a new flight....I am on standby for the 4:30pm flight to Nashvagas, and if I don't get on that I have to spend the night here.
So, since I was starving and my stomach digesting my spine I made a beeline to Cinnabon, only to be told that it will be 20 mins for a bun. AGGGHHHHH
So, now I am sitting in Tequileria bar and grill. I have got some stuff done though. I checked my email and download some pics AND I am charging my IPOD that died 10 min into the 2 hours of runway sitting.
so, maybe I'll be home tonight in my own bed and maybe not.
Maybe I'll have my luggage when I get there and maybe not.
Peace out

3 comments:

dinah lou said...

I hope your luck with flights won't carry over to our trip to Honduras.

Anonymous said...

I do not think I will be flying "Anna Air" anytime soon. I understand they have some outdated planes with weight restrictions. Glad you made it home. Try not to think about how much more fun you would have on the Honduras trip if you were going on the right team! Be safe on your I-40 trips this week. Do not fight with Terry too much - he is at stress level 9.5 (out of 10) right now. We had to have an intervention and make him watch some "AFV".
Love & Kisses
MR

AnnaJane said...

I do NOT want be included in the "BOTH" in Judy's comment. I have not stated which trip I think is the best,yet. I am pretty sure that any trip without the entire geneology cannot be the best trip.
Embraces and Smooches
Anna