Saturday, May 06, 2006

Well so far it ain't been a picnic


So how long Have I been talking about going to New York City? A long time my friends....3 years at least. And finally last Saturday it happened....I arrived.

Yet, with all my planning and dreaming things did not go so smoothly as I would have liked. So, sit back and I will fill you in on my week.....

Arrive sat and cannot get into my apartment or even the building b/c the brokers did not set up the key exchange with the super of the building....2 hours later I get in the apartment.
The apartment is NOT what I was expecting AT ALL, but I was determined not to let that get in the way of enjoying the expience. On sunday I decided to unpack and then things started going downhill. I found body hair in the drawers, the dishes in the cabinets were dirty and my bedroom door would not lock, but still I hung on to my wits and steamed ahead. I even went exploring down to Union Square.
THEN Sunday night I could not fall asleep..I tossed and turned and the "Harding I want to go home" feeling started arising, and when I awoke I found that during the night bed bugs had bitten me on my legs, feet and arms. When I got in the shower the warm water lasted about 3 secs and THEN I lost it.
I called Cindy to get her uncle's number to see if he knew a way for me to get out of the apartment lease.
After I got off my first day of work I packed my bags and went to Cindy's unlce's apartment to stay until I figured out what to do.
Well, it is now saturday and I am still here. My broker has another apartment but it will not be ready until May 27th. So, I am not sure if I am staying here until then or not. Everything is in kind of a limbo.

I have been so stressed out this week that I did not eat a complete meal until Thurday night and my face looks like a pizza.

So, I need prays for peace and joy. Peace so I don't always have a nervous stomach and Joy so I can enjoy my time here.

I am going to be honest here (Judy that is for you)......I am ready to be done with all this school stuff. I am ready to be in a place where I am settled in life and know surrounded by friends and family. I am ready to go to Honduras. I miss my freinds and I miss Terry and Margaret and the friends I made in Florida (I am homesick for 2207 Arden).
Don't get me wrong...I am not regreting coming..i just know it is going to be a challange mentally.

Tune in for the ongoing saga of where is Anna going to live this week.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Anna! I WELL remember the feelings of being ready to be done with school. That last clinical seemed the longest. But you will get through it and it will make being done that much sweeter! I STILL get excited because I don't have projects to work on or tests to study for or CI's to please! I'll pray for you!
Sara Walker