Monday, May 22, 2006

My right gastroc is like a rock

So, here is the goings on of the weekend.

I took the metro north train up to Westchester county New york to meet Jess.

The train ride was interesting...when the train came out from below I could see Harlem and then the Bronx. It still amazes me just how big Manhattan is. It only took about 35 min to get from 42nd street to the Tuckaho station, which is above the bronx in the burbs.

Jess met me at the train station and we went to the mall to walk around. For supper we ate at a mexican resturant and then went back to her place to watch a movie her CI has rented......"Brokeback Mountian." I need to make a discliamer: B/c of my faith, I do not agree with certain things, like adultery and murder, but I do not hate the people who commit these "sins" for each sin is the same in God's eyes. I hope you get my drift, so saying that and aside from all the hoodoo about the movie for it being a "gay cowboy movie" the movie STANK. Having seen the movie now, I can honestly say, "I did not like it." It could have been just your regula r sex before marriage/cheat on your spouse" type of movie and I would still have the same opinion.The time I spent watching it could be explained more akin to watching the scenery scenes in "Napoleon Dynamite." I would have had more fun watching paint dry.

Anyhoo,

On Sat I went with Jess to the training room at the local high school to practice taping ankles and Jess taped a couple of athletes.

Oh, on the way out of the house that morning, I locked the door in the garage behind us...well I was not suppose to, so when we got back we were locked out. I called a locksmith who claimed that they would be there in 20 mins....which came and went, so I decided to see if I could use name tag to break in....I succeded!!!!

Jess's parents came in and then we all drove into Manhattan to meet Jess's brother in law. We ate at a cute place that I can't remember the name of and then went to walk around the nearby Fort Tyron. It overlooked the Hudson River and you could see New Jersey and the Bronx and up state New York from the look out.

We left the fort and went to an Irish Pub and watched part of the Mets vs Yankees game and then headed downtown to eat Dinner.

We at a little Thai food place...i cannot remember the name of it...but they had amazing peanut dumplings. The best I've ever had...actually the only I have ever had..

After dinner we walked to Times Square where I left the group at the Westin Hotel ( a birthday present). It was great I watched TV (with sound) until I feel asleep.

Sunday afternoon I walked around the neighborhood of where I will be moving THIS Saturday!! And Eleana and I went to watch the movie The DeVinci Code. If you can go into the movie knowing that it is JUST a novel and not intended to be thought of as FACT, then you will enjoy this movie. It makes you think and use your brain.

Stayed tuned for New York 2006



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJMJPJAV,
Sounds like the weekend was "FABBY" or as we Hondurans say "Fabuloso"! The team gets back tonight, so I am VERY excited. You are on the 3 more days countdown now, so I expect a call Saturday AS SOON as you are in the apartment. (Leave the suitcases in the doorway and call!)
Love & Kisses,
Margarita