Friday, May 12, 2006

My ponderings and random thoughts

Currently I have alot of time on my hands at night to...sit and think...and ponder about...well alot of things:
Life in general
Where I'm going to live after graduation
Where I would like to live after graduation
What type of PT setting I would like to work in
Where I can get some good ole sweet tea
When I going to quit trying to plan it all myself

I also am listening to my ipod ALOT... while walking to the subway, on the subway, walking from the subway to work and then back home, while I am standing in line for coffee, standing in line for a hot dog ($1 hotdogs..ummm), standing in line for a big pretzel, while trying to go to sleep.

I like all kinds of music..from country to rap, and even a little ragae (just kidding)...but I have found that I can only listen to the "christian" genre whenever I feel unsettled (as my current situation) (I can listen to it others times as well, I meant that I find that other genres, like country, make me feel worse or they just don't do it for me) anyway, Here is another of my "Subway songs"

(Mercy Me: Bring the rain)
"I can count a million times the people asking me how I can praise you with all that I've gone through,
The question just amazes me, can circumstances possibly
change the person I am in you

Maybe since my life was changed, long before these rainy days
its never really crossed my mind,
To turn my back on you o Lord, my only shelter from the storm, but instead I draw closer through these times,

So I pray
Bring me Joy.. bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings you glory
And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain,
But if thats what it takes to praise you,
Jesus bring the rain

I am yours reguardless of the clouds that may loom above,
b/c your much greater than the pain,
You who made a way for me..suffering in your dyestiny
So tell me..whats a little rain

With all my pondering I am sure of one thing, and that is....

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed...what God has planned
I only know at his right hand...stands one who is my savior
That he would leave his place on high and come to sin
My savior loves
My savior lives
My saviors always there for me
My God he was
My God he is
My God he's always gonna be
(Aaron Shust: My Savior My God)

With all the decisions looming ahead I know:

I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice thats louder than mine
I need hope and I need you
Cause I can't do this alone

Grace I call your name
Oh won't you smile fall over me
I cry down on hands and knees
Oh sweet grace...rain down on me...I need your grace
(Phil Wickham: Grace)

Isn't it wonderful how a song can speak to your heart and touch you soul. How the words can wake you up or listen in a different way.

David knew it...

My song purging is done..until I need to share another with you.

1 comment:

JEREMYBOPP said...

Hey Anna! I just read your "bad" blog the other day, so I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Bed bugs...wow! I'd like to come see you if I can find a time. How long will you be there? I'll be in NJ on June 7-8 maybe I can schedule to stay an extra day. Love ya
Jeremy