Monday, September 12, 2005

My health insurance is feces.

Do not ever get Fortis health insurance, as it is now called Assurant Health, which really means: You can be Assurant that nothin is gonna be covered. I have had this insurance since 2003, and during that time I have had to have an MRI and a x-ray due to sporting adventures, neither which were covered. I just got my gyno bill for the enitre amount because apparently Assurant doesn't cover that either.
In US healthcare systems class this semester we are discussing ....The US healthcare system. The trend in healthcare is moving from fixing the problem to prevention of disease, which includes preventitive measures like yearly check-ups to smoking cessation classes. To me, and maybe it is just me, it would seem that a freaking pap would fall under preventitive. I went and looked up my health plan on-line to see about this womens health issue and come to find out that Assurant (under the student plan) will only 1 mamograma yr, but only for women over 35 yrs old. I can see the 1 a yr thing, but My gyno told me that if you have breast cancer in your family you should start being scanned 5 yrs younger than when your relative was diagnosed, which for me would be now... and I would have to foot the bill if I was to follow my Dr's adivce because...I'm assurant that Assurant won't cover it.

Assurant health insurance is for the birds..that my opinion and it ought to be yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

State Farm is the only way to go. Actually, State Farm isnt the best health care provider around. But for everything else, you should definitely get State Farm. Seriously. Also, I would also like to give a big shout out to "anonymous" from your blog entitled "a view inside my mind" who reminded us all that we can get great deals on clothing at his website. Thank you "anonymous", your comment really made that post meaningful. ABE

JEREMYBOPP said...

Hey you've got insurance? Wow, I remember when I used to have insurance. Ha that does sound bad about your "paid" insurance that doesn't cover anything. Kind of sounds like a waste of money. Maybe you can start paying me your insurance payment and I can hold it for you? Just another option. Anyway, I think the anonymous dude is spam, I've gotten some similar posts lately.