Monday, November 28, 2005

I am addicted to Gilmore Girls

So, a couple of weeks ago my sister told me that she thinks the WB show Gilmore Girls if funny.

I have always just flipped channels or scanned over it before so over thanksgiving break I caught a couple of shows.....well now I am hooked.....addicted maybe...no, I am obsessed.

I went to go rent the first season Friday night, but they did not have them...but they did have them to buy...so I bought it.

21 episodes with each episode lasting around 45 min. I had a marathon..instead of studying for the Pharmacology final tomorrow.
The marathon began around 6pm on friday and went till 2am. I slept till 8am and started again at 8:30am. I was done with the marathon around 6:30pm sat. (Cindy, this is where I was all weekend)

I did not plan to do this, but I could not press stop. In fact, a tear came to my eye as I was ejecting the last DVD.

So, the show is in its 6th season and I need to catch up.

I find it amazing that there can be something in our lives that we pass over time and again, but when we finally give in and take the time to "get to know it" we find that it makes our lives better for knowing it.


Yes, I realize that Gilmore Girls is just a TV show, and the characters are not real, but there are numerous lessons we can learn from this show. For example, A mother and daughter can be best friends and still have respect for the fact that one is a mother and the other is a daughter. Also, it shows that our lives can be blessed my having a variety of friends from different backgrounds who have different tastes. And another is that communication is the key to a successful realsonship whether it is with your parents, friends to significant other.

Laughter my friends. You can't frown when your laughing.

Take the time to look around and see what you are missing.

Remember, Don't be Jealous. Jealousy is bad. Jealousy can lead to jail, twice. .. Gilmore-ism
.......but to me giving birth was like doing the splits on a crate of dynamite....Gilmore-ism

AP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took you this long to find them. You have been studying too much! Our whole family is addicted Kim, Mom, me and even Chad. He says he's not but I caught him watching them without me! The family channel has Gilmore Girls marathons on saturdays. Keep watching they only get better! I have seen every episode at least twice but I still have to watch them over and over!! Forget studying and graduating what is more important than watching Gilmore Girls! JK!