Saturday, November 05, 2005

Corn hole and walking down I-40

I sure some of you are wondering what exactly corn hole is. Well, I wondered that myself. It is a game that we all know, but we know it by various names. In the previous post there is a pic of the corn hole hardware. Two wedge shaped boxes with a hole in it are placed facing each other about 2.5 car lengths apart. The rules of the game are: 4 people play with 2 on each team. 1 member of each team stands with a member of the other team at one box. Each thrower has 4 bean bags. The other team members are at the other box. One at a time each player tosses a bean bag at the opposite box. If the bag goes in the hole it is worth 3 pts, if it land on the box it is worth 1pt, and if it does not land on the box = 0 pts. Also, when two bags land on the box from opposing teams they cancel each other out. so if a bag goes in the hole and the other team has a bag on the surface, the team that hit the hole only has 2 pts since the bag on the surface canceled one pt from the 3 pts.
The rules are really easy and if you do not understand from my description you have find the rules on the internet. Play, it is addicting. Oh yeah, the pic of it is not correct placement of the boxes. We changed it for the kids.

Now, WALKING DOWN I-40
Last friday Cara, Amanda, Jeremy and I were on our way to Knoxville for the TN/USC game. We left NV around 6:30pm and at 7:45pm there was a crash ahead of that was really bad. We ended up sitting in one spot for about an hour. To pass the time we made a video. It is funny. At one point I got out of the care to video all the backed up traffic and as I stood in the middle of I-40 a trucker kept honking.
Jeremy started walking down the road to find the next mile marker while I was talking to Kristen D. on the phone to try to figure out what happened. I went to find Jeremy and on the way back to the car everyone in there cars kept asking me what had happened.
I got to talk to quite a few people who thought their destination was soo much more important than everyone elses. It made me see how self focused we all are.
I usully get frustrated in traffic jams, but I enjoyed this one. Had we not been stopped we might not have made our verison of THE Blair witch project..."WHAT WAS THAT?"

No comments: