Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Great reads...

I like to read...all kinds of books....
I was introduced to an amazing author this summer..Francine Rivers..she has been around a while, and how I did not hear about her before I do not know. The first book you have to read is Redeeming Love. There are no words to express how amazing this book is. It is christian fiction...and did I mention it was amazing? Some of her other books I have read are: "The last sin eater", "The scarlet thread" and "and the Shofar Blew." I recommend "and the Shofar Blew"...especially if your church is about to go through a change or is in the process of growing and changing. This book will make you think about your purpose in what you are doing is, and for me at least, gave me a new found appriciation for our elder who question our desires and wants (or phase plans). I learned that we need our intentions questioned so that we don't self implode because we "think" we know the answers, or "what God would want." To me...questioning doesn't always mean that they don't want it done, they just want to make an educated decsion.

1 comment:

AnnaJane said...

Yo Bro. I got it under control..maybe!