Thursday, September 18, 2008

MRIs, MRAs and Gabapentin

So back in April I started having some sensation issues with the right side of my face along with some muscle twitching. I went to the MD back then and they thought I maybe had shingles without the break out. I got put on Gabapentin (Neurontin) and the symptoms seemed to go away. I was scheduled for an MRI but chose to see if the meds worked first. They did, so fast forward to July and i change jobs and run out of the meds. The symptoms come back and worse. Still no breakout. I finally had the MRI a couple of weeks ago and it turned out basically normal except for some "popcorn calcifications" in the right frontal lobe . There were 2 to be exact. Well, stupid me got on the Internet and typed in MRI and Popcorn calcifications......not a smart thing to do. I freaked myself out because apparently popcorn calcifications are seen in MRIs of people who have either migraines or MS- Multiple Sclerosis.....and I don't have migraines. Yesterday I met with the Neurologist and he walked in a said "You do not have MS." And I didn't even ask him that. I wanted to scream out " PLEASE tell me I don't have MS" when I was walking down the hallway and saw him going into another room, but I refrained. So Yay!!! I do however, they think, have shingles. I am going to have an MRA on the 30th to look at my vascular stuff and a couple of canals. He thinks the original diagnosis was correct and in my case I am just not having the break out, which is great since I do not want blisters on my face. God is great!

3 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Love the music!!! NCOTB!!!! I have learned that you NEVER look up symptoms on the computer!!!! There is way too much scarry stuff out there. I love you!!

Katie said...

That is good news!!! You really need to update more often so I know what is going on with you! I like when you have a new blog posted! And I second Cindy...never google anything medical...it is never good!

memphis belle said...

don't you have any big news you'd like to post on your blog like, oh i don't know, details, how he did it, have you set a date yet etc... we need to know.