Monday, January 28, 2008

Three cups of tea

I am back from Guatamala. I spent four days down there with my company doing PT stuff. I went with another PT from STAR and a Orthpedic surgeon from Nashville. We saw a lot of patients, I watched a lot of surgeries in a very little, extremly hot room, and got to go to Antigua for dinner. I saw volcanos as well. Made a lot of new friends.

The Thursday before I was to leave on Sunday I came down with a stomach virus and so I did not feel well most of the trip, but in the end it was good and I would be glad to go back. As soon as I get pictures I will post them.

Also, while I was there I was reading a book called, "Three Cups of Tea." It is about a guy that got lost while climbing down from K2 in Pakistan and the people he met that changed his life forever. He has spend the years leading up to and post 9/11 in Pakinstan working to educate the children, boys and girls. I am telling you, this book is amazing. It ranks up there with "Redeeming Love," and everyone would be better off having read it. It will give you an insight about the Pakistani people and their lifestyle, as well as their commitment to the religion of Islam. Take the time to read it!

Also, having read this book I am now on a binge of biographical books about central Asia. I am now reading, "Soliders of God." I'll let you know about it after I am done reading it, Inshallah.

Peace Out!

2 comments:

JSM said...

I finally read Kite Runner while on the plane this weekend... very intense.

AnnaJane said...

It is a great book I think. I like the way that it delivers us into that world to a point where we can see past the fear that we have about their culture and see the people as people. Now you have to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns." If I was a betting women, I would bet you would like it even more.